Since I keep finding more and more excuses to delay, I thought I should at least share the Oculus Rift build I’ve been showing at some public events. If you have a Rift devkit, do try it and let me know how it works for you!
These builds are running on old code, so both still require an Xbox 360 gamepad to play (with the mac version configured for the Tattie Bogle drivers). The windows version is superior at the moment (triggers don’t work on mac yet), so I recommend you go with that one.
- Start – Pause
- Back – Respawn
- Left Thumb Stick – Pitch/Roll
- Triggers – Yaw
- ABXY – Close arm and/or leg wings
- Right Thumb Stick – Rotate camera
- Right Thumb Stick (Click) – Change camera perspective
- Right Button – Center Oculus Rift heading (I’m using a modified version of the SDK, and I haven’t integrated support for magnetic drift correction yet.)
- All the issues from 0.02
- Skybox doesn’t render correctly (double vision)
- Tree LODs have strange angles to them when viewed from above.
August has some gamejams (7DFPS, VRJam) going on, and I’ll be participating in at least one of them. The Aurora Wager was a great success, so I’m curious to see what we’ll come up with this time. 🙂