- Split-screen multiplayer support (just technically though, no real gameplay changes yet)
- In-game graphics and input configuration screens
- Overhauled wind field system (smoother, more variation, some interesting anomalies, less prone to crashing the physics engine)
- Overhauled wind graphics (More particles, longer trails, wider range, optimized performance)
- Linux version now comes with both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries
- Balloon altitude is limited to 3000 meters (~10000 ft.)
- Flag now rotates with wind direction
- Fuel amount per canister cut in half
- Fixed grappling hook becoming huge when latched to gondola (controls still suck though)
- Many performance optimizations
- Input remapping procedure breaks the remapping controls to use the triggers on the Xbox 360 controller (remap these last, restarting the game fixes this)
- Performance takes a hit when playing split screen
- Mouse cursor cannot be locked due to a Unity bug. (Recommend playing in full screen for now)
- Fog graphics fail to render properly in some cases
- Rope graphics fail to render properly in some cases
So apart from the addition of being able to push one another out of the gondola in split-screen multiplayer this is mostly a big maintenance release.
Linux users are getting a pretty poor deal with V4 as you can see in the list of known issues. Really sorry for that guys! The graphics glitches I can fix, but the mouse-lock issue is one that requires us to wait for Unity to roll out a new version of their editor.
Let’s Give Volo Airsport Some Love
Right, so I’m back on Volo Airsport now! Volo V3 is outrageously, shamefully and unfashionably late and that’s a wrong that needs righting. What to expect? Here’s the gist:
Since my Oculus Rift experiments have been very successful I’m including basic support for it in V3.
I also created a lot of code for Aurora that will be ported over (wind systems, physics-based character walking system, balloon buoyancy and custom rope joint physics, optimized aerodynamics code, in-game input configuration screen, and so on.)
Other than that expect a better map (perhaps a couple of them for good measure), multiple spawn points, better performance, bug fixes, and some other things.
Blue skies, and thanks for playing!